Patio SZN – Where you need to eat, drink and be seen in Sacramento this Summer
Can I get an Amen! for the fact that Spring finally sprung??? I don’t know about you, but I am ready for all the warm weather and all the things warm weather brings. More windows open, less bringing a jacket, longer days, warmer nights, bbq’d meats, bathing suits and chilled Chardonnay (who am I kidding, it could be the dead of winter and I still want that)! But the other thing that comes along with warm weather is the unofficial, official opening of PATIO SZN! There is truly nothing better than sitting outside, enjoying food and drinks with friends and family, without getting cold!
Sacramento’s best patios for Fine dining & date night, groups, Brunch, happy hour & bringing your dog!
Photo courtesy of The Sacramento Bee.
Fine Dining & Date Night
- The Firehouse Restaurant – an Old Sacramento staple for over 60 years! Charming, romantic patio space.
Open 7 days a week, check website for hours as they may change.
Pro-tip, make a reservation via Open Table, sometimes they’re offering 1,000 pts!
- Localis – cute corner patio, focused on local ingredients and presentation. Enjoy patio season year round.
Open Monday-Saturday, dinner only.
Pro-tip, check out the chef’s tasting menu!
- Mulvaney’s – secret garden patio with a mouthwatering menu.
Open Tuesday – Friday for lunch. Tuesday – Saturday for dinner. See website for hours.
Pro-tip, the bite of caviar is worth the $10.
- Canon – worth venturing past Alhambra (a whole 3 blocks). Plenty of GF options!
Open Tuesday-Sunday, check website for hours.
Pro-tip, they also have a phenomenal brunch menu!
- Allora – also worth the drive to the 50’s. 22 foot tall wine cellar in a modern yet cozy space.
Open 7 days a week, dinner only.
Pro-tip, check out the chef’s tasting menu + wine pairing!
Good for Groups
- Paragary’s – A Sacramento staple since 1983. Gorgeous patio with unique water features.
Open 7 days a week, lunch, brunch and dinner. See website for hours.
Pro-tip, they don’t take reservations for the garden, but it is well worth the wait!
- Press Bistro – laid back & unassuming. Farm to fork since 2010.
Open Tuesday – Saturday, Happy Hour & Dinner.
Pro-tip, meatballs. Two orders of meatballs.
- Hook & Ladder Manufacturing Company – Pick a patio, a cocktail and enjoy!
Open 7 days a week, check website for times.
Pro-tip, the back patio is adorable!
- Public House Downtown – breakfast to dinner, something for everyone!
Open 7 days a week, early to late. Check website for exact times.
Pro-tip, Bloody Mary’s & football Sunday’s. Get there early to secure a perfect spot.
- Drakes The Barn – just over Tower Bridge, West Sac’s newest hot spot.
Open Wednesday – Sunday, see website for hours
Pro-tip, hop on a Jump Bike and ride over!
Brunch So Hard
- Tower Café – popular brunch spot next to the historic Tower Theatre. Voted #7 best brunch in the USA (2019 Yelp)!
Open 7 days a week, 8:00am to close.
Pro-tip, get there early on the weekends, as reservations are only taken for parties of 6 or more, Sunday dinner – Friday lunch.
- Cafeteria 15L – American comfort food with a classic flair. Two eclectic patios to choose from!
Open 7 days a week, check website for details on brunch, happy hour, & regular lunch and dinner hours.
Pro-tip, 4 different kinds of Eggs Benedict to choose from.
- Pushkin’s – 100% Natural, 100% Gluten Free + Vegan Brunch menu. Sunny patio for outdoor enjoyment!
Open Tuesday – Sunday, 8:00am – 3:00pm
Pro-tip, the baked goods taste as good as they look!
- Iron Horse Tavern – Lively patio on the corner of 15th & R. Grab a seat, a drink and enjoy!
Open 7 days a week, breakfast to late. Check website for times.
Pro-tip, Mac ‘N Cheese Bar.
- Fox & Goose Public House – brunch on R Street before R Street was cool. The OG of Sacramento Brunch. And they finally have a patio!
Open 7 days a week breakfast, lunch, dinner. See website for hours.
Pro-tip, House. Made. Scones.
The Happiest Hour
- Kupros Craft House – an old costume shop turned restaurant & bar. The patios are buzzing when the weather is warm.
Open 7 days a week, see website for hours.
Pro-tip, upstairs patio!
- Zocalo Midtown – they said it best. “Patio dining makes everything better.” AGREED.
Open 7 days a week, see website for hours.
Pro-tip, Happy Hour Margaritas from $6-$8
- Ella Dining Room & Bar – K Street Staple since 2007, always a hot spot!
Open Monday – Saturday, see website for details
Pro-tip, High top community tables in the bar & oysters on the half shell.
- Midtown’s Cantina Alley – almost entirely outdoors, this alley gem is a perfect spot for outdoor dining.
Open Tuesday – Sunday, see website for hours.
- 58 Degrees & Holding – diverse and delicious wine list, with a menu to match.
Open 7 days a week, see website for hours
Pro-tip, small plates meant for sharing, go hungry.
Bring the Dog!
- Shady Lady Saloon – 1920’s on the inside, sunny patio on the outside.
Open 7 days a week, see website for times
Pro-tip, check out the seasonal cocktail list!
- Capitol Garage – lots of vegan options, too!
Open 7 days a week, check website for details.
Pro-tip, there’s a dog menu, in case brunch turns to happy hour!
- Low Brau – modern German Bierhaus, with a bustling corner patio.
Open 7 days a week, brunch to late, check website for details.
Pro-tip, Duck Fat Fries & Bratwurst.
- Urban Roots Brewing & Smokehouse – brisket, ribs & vegan options, with a charming outdoor patio!
Open Tuesday – Sunday 11am – 10pm
Pro-tip, meat, lots of meat.
- MagPie Café – seasonal, farm to table, great corner patio!
Open Tuesday – Sunday, see website for details
Pro-tip, ice cream sandwich for dessert
Hang out with us!
We are in a season of empowerment and local pride. It’s important to get plugged in by attending events and engaging in conversations online and in person to broaden our knowledge and awareness. If you haven’t taken the step to fully submerge yourself into the Women of Sac community, come check out one of our upcoming events and experience all of the awesomeness we can offer!